BETTER CHANCE FINANCE PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice applies to processing activities carried out by Skygazer Limited trading as Better Chance Finance. The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain how we collect and use your personal data. In this privacy notice ‘we’ ‘us’ or ‘our’ are references to Better Chance Finance. Better Chance Finance is a data controller in respect of personal data that we process in connection with our business, which is a credit broker and financial intermediary.
The personal data we collect and process
The categories of personal data we may collect and process as part of our application process are:
- Basic personal information such as your name, gender, address history, date of birth, telephone number(s), email address;
- Information about your family and personal circumstances (such as marital status and dependents);
- Details of your income and expenditure;
- Details of your employment and/or benefit entitlements;
- Photographic identification such as a passport and/or driving licence;
- Current and historic financial information including account details, transactional history and outstanding balances;
- Details of health and medical conditions but only where you have given explicit consent.
Why we collect and process personal data
We collect and process personal data for the following reasons:
- To help us determine the most appropriate credit broker, financial intermediary or lender to refer your finance application to;
- To ensure any financial products we introduce you for are appropriate based on the nature of your enquiry and your circumstances;
- To check your details and information you have provided us with;
- To keep you informed about other products and services which may interest you, but only when you have provided explicit consent;
- If we suspect or identify fraud, money laundering or any other criminal activity;
- If we believe you have given us false or inaccurate information;
- To comply with regulatory and/or legal obligations.
How we obtain personal data
We obtain personal data from a number of sources which include:
- Information you supply to us;
- Information that you have provided to us if you have previously made an enquiry or finance application with us;
- Information that we acquire through our relationship with you.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
The third parties that we may share your personal data with are detailed within this section.
Our partners include credit brokers, financial intermediaries and lenders and by submitting an enquiry via this website, you consent to your personal data being shared with the most appropriate third party based on the nature of your enquiry and your personal circumstances. Once your application has been submitted, your personal data will be processed by the third party in line with their own privacy notices which can be viewed by following the links below.
We may also share your personal data with other third parties including:
- A third party nominated by you, who acts on your behalf such as a relative, advice agency or legal representative; or
- A third party where we are required to do so by law such as law enforcement agencies, juridical bodies, government agencies, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
- Car Finance 2U Ltd – a motor finance credit broker.
- Financial Makeover Limited trading as Clever Mortgages – a mortgage brokerage
- Financial Makeover Limited trading as Clever Lending – a secured loan brokerage
Insurance and Protection
- Financial Makeover Limited trading as Clever Mortgages – a protection intermediary
How long we will keep your data for and how we will protect it?
If you make a finance application which is not approved, we will retain your personal data for no longer than one year from the date your application is declined or closed.
If you make a finance application which is approved and you subsequently enter into an agreement with a lender following an introduction made by us, we will retain your personal data for six years from the date of your application, or longer if required to do so by a regulator or by law. This will help us answer any enquiries or resolve any complaints you may have. After this period, your personal details will be deleted or anonymised.
Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Your data rights
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights please contact us using the details stated at the end of this privacy notice.
- Access – You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- Rectification – You have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data we hold about you. If personal data is incomplete taking into account the purposes of the processing you also have the right to have incomplete data completed. If any personal data has been disclosed to a third party, such as a third party lender we will also inform them that the personal data has been rectified.
- Erasure – In specific circumstances, you can ask us to delete your personal data. If the processing of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims we will not be able to delete your personal data.
- Restriction – In specific circumstances, you have the right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- Portability – Where technically feasible you have the right to have your data transmitted by us to another data controller.
- Objection – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for processing, which may override your own interests, or where we need to investigate and protect us or others from legal claims.
- Withdraw consent – Where you have given consent to the processing of your personal data you have the right to with your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing which is based on consent prior to your withdrawal.
- Complaints – If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data you can contact us directly. We hope that we can address any of your concerns you may have, but you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you wish. The ICO helpline is 0303 123 1113 or refer to their website www.ico.org.uk
How to contact us
Our contact details are:
Address: Better Chance Finance, Kempton House, Kempton Way, PO Box 9562, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 0EA.
Email: Using the enquiry form found on our website.
Our Data Protection Officer is Dale Stringer, Compliance Director.
Privacy notice 12 June 2019